Plex is a client-based free media streaming service platform for smart TV and Apple TV. Plex offers 500+ movies, 160+ live TV channels, web shows, podcasts, and also users can add their music and photos to the library channel to access it anytime, Plex provides a great user interface so users can navigate through various types of content more easily and it is less frustrating, Plex also offers a premium subscription where users get some extra cool features like saving the content offline, access to some additional music streaming features, data usage monitoring, multi-device support any many more. To connect Plex to our smart TV, we need to use plex.tv/link.
We will see step by step guide on how to install and activate Plex.
Create an account Plex account:
- Plex is available on Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
- Search for Plex and download the application on a mobile device.
- After installation Click on sign up and enter your email address.
- After signing in the Plex account has been set up.
Installation on Android TV:
- Navigate to the Play Store on the Android TV and search for Plex in the search tab and click on the search button.
- Click on the install button to install the Plex application into the system.
Installation on Apple TV :
- Install Plex on an Apple smartphone.
- Open the Apple TV application on your smartphone and launch the application through apple tv.
Installation with streaming stickers or dongles:
- Go to the search bar and type Plex and click on search.
- Click on the download button and wait for the installation.
How to Activate Plex using Plex.tv/link on Different Devices.
Plex.tv Link Activation on Android TV
To save our time from typing our account credentials on big devices like smart TV, Android TV, Plex use 4 character login code process to connect to your account on Plex,
- Launch the Plex app on your Smart TV.
- After launching you’ll see 4 character code on the TV screen.
- Open https://plex.tv//link on a smartphone or computer and sign in to the account.
- After login into the account, it will ask for the 4-character code which is on the TV screen, enter the code and press the submit button.
- Once we’re done with all these four steps, the Plex application will automatically refresh itself and connect to the account in a few seconds.
Activation of Plex on Apple TV
- Visit the Apple App Store on Apple TV and navigate the channel store.
- Enter ‘Plex’ in the search tab and press results, select add channels to install it.
- Once the installation process completes, we’ll receive an activation code on the screen.
- Now visit https://plex.tv//link on our smartphone or computer.
- Login with your Plex account.
- Enter the 4 character code and click on submit button.
That’s how we can watch Plex on our Apple TV.
Activation on Xbox One
- Open the Plex application on the Xbox and write down the 4 character code on the screen
- Open https://plex.tv//link on our smartphone or PC.
- Log in with your Plex account.
- Enter the 4-character code and click on submit button.
Activation on Fire TV stick
- Launch Plex on your Fire TV device, 4 character code will generate on the screen note down the code.
- Go to https://plex.tv//link.
- Log in with your Plex account.
- Put the Login code generated on your TV on the Plex website.
Also, read our article on Fubo.tv/connect.
Adding media to plex:
- Go to the Plex media server from any of your device’s web browser
- In the library, section clicks on add library and select the type of media that you want to add to plex like movies, TV shows, photos, music, etc.
- Plex lets you name the media files of your choice so it’s easy to find later on.
- Plex automatically creates thumbnail artwork of the movies and also provides metadata such as the release date of the movie, language of the movie, IMDB rating.
- Plex offers various features such as creating a playlist, downloading offline, categorizing based on the genre, and many more.
- Plex lets you categorize music based on genres and helps you with a better suggestion according to your mood, with iTunes users can import songs from their iTunes.
- While importing photos, Plex lets you create albums of your choice, and name them individually.
Plex Premium Pass:
- Plex offers various premium subscription plans which provide access to some premium features.
- Plex premium services are called ‘Plex Pass’, which offers features like live TV, DVR recording, offline mobile sync, automatic photo back from your mobile device, sharing with family and friends, Multiple devices streaming support, and 4K quality stream.
- The price of the plex subscription is 4.99$ per month, 39.99$ per year, and 119.99$ for a lifetime subscription.
FAQ About Plex TV:
- Why is some of my content is not found?
- This error caused due to incorrect naming of media including photos, videos, movies, songs, oftenly the Plex system correct this errors on it’s own but sometime the scanner need a manual help.
- To solve this error the file names and date should be corrected and use refresh the library tab.
- How do i delete something from my librar?
- There are two main ways to remove media from the library.
- Remove the content from the source and try to update library.
- Delete the content permanently (required permission to delete enabled)
- How do I manage my media and Plex media server?
- In order to manage your Plex media server, you need the Plex web app.
- Plex web app’s dashboard shows a settings option where you can add new media like movies, TV shows, music, and photos.
- You can also give access to your Plex media server to your family and friends where they can enjoy all the movies and TV shows that you have added.
- Is Plex Legal?
- Plex is completely legal and safe, the whole system is made to stream your stored media directly from the server.
- But for those who are using this to store pirated content like movies, and TV shows are completely illegal and not directed by Plex services.