If you ever wanted to view the videos and photos from your Samsung smartphone in a larger version, you must have transferred them to your PC to enjoy your happy moments on a large screen. But have you considered enjoying such moments on an extra-large screen by viewing your photos and videos on your Smart TV? The AllShare Cast feature of the Samsung smartphone is a brilliant solution for viewing your smartphone’s content on HDTV for a clearer and bigger view. This is the most suitable feature for showcasing your favourite moments in front of your family or friends.
The AllShare Cast service of Samsung smartphones will allow you to wirelessly stream photos and videos on an HDTV. This will allow you to do screen mirroring without the need for any hardware device. The AllShare Cast Dongle by Samsung will enable you to stream content from Samsung Galaxy tablets and smartphones to your HDTV through the HDMI port of the HDTV.
How to Use AllShare Cast Service for Screen Mirroring on TV
Ensure that you have a stable WiFi connection. Both your smart TV and Samsung smartphone must be connected to the same WiFi. The following are the steps for using the AllShare Cast service to screen-mirror your Samsung smartphone on your HDTV:
- Use your Smart TV remote to choose ‘Menu’. Then go to ‘Network’ > ‘Screen Mirroring’.
- Enable the Screen Mirroring feature on your Samsung smartphone by opening Settings> Apps > Settings > Screen Mirroring.
- Choose the name of your HDTV from the list of available devices for connection.
How to Use AllShare Cast Dongle
The following are the steps for using the AllShare Cast Dongle for screen-mirroring your Samsung smartphone on your HDTV:
- Firstly, connect the charger to the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub’s power slot. The status indicator will turn red in a few seconds.
- Connect your HDTV and AllShare Cast Wireless hub by using the HDMI cable
- Further, for matching the input port used by the cable, you should adjust the resource input on the HDTV.
- It might take about 30 seconds for the status indicator to start blinking red. When this occurs, press the ‘Reset’ button. The indicator will appear blue now.
- Choose the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub from the list of Available Devices and enter the PIN displayed on the TV screen for enjoying the screen-mirroring feature on your Smart TV.
Also Read our blog on How to ABC.com Activate on Your TV, Roku, Firestick & Xbox!
How to Mirror Samsung Smartphone on a Non-Samsung TV
The AllShare Cast service can be enjoyed only by the owners of Samsung smartphones. Moreover, this service only functions for Samsung TVs. If you wish to screen-mirror your Samsung smartphone to Sony TV, Apple TV or any other TV brand, keep reading!
The Airplay function (Screen Mirroring feature of Apple) will be useful for those who don’t have a Samsung TV. This function can be used for any smart TV via WiFi. In order to screen-mirror your Samsung tablet/smartphone to a Non-Samsung TV, transfer your photos or videos from your phone to your iPhone. After doing so, connect your iPhone to your smart TV via Airplay. If you are unable to do this, follow the detailed steps given below:
- Transfer the media content from your Samsung device to your iPhone via Bluetooth, e-mail or chat app.
- After successfully transferring your content to the iPhone, open the Control Centre of the iPhone and enable Screen Mirroring. Ensure that your iPhone and Smart TV have a connection to the same WiFi. Wait for the iPhone to detect your Smart TV.
- When the iPhone detects your Smart TV, tap on the name of your Smart TV to start the screen-mirroring of your iPhone on your TV. Open the content of your choice on your iPhone and enjoy it on the bigger screen of your Smart TV.
The following are the Samsung Smartphone And Tablet Models which have the feature of AllShare Cast Feature for screen mirroring:
Which Samsung Smartphone & Tablet Models have AllShare Cast Feature
- Galaxy S III
- Galaxy Note II
- Galaxy S 4
- Galaxy S 4 Active
- Galaxy S 4 Zoom
- Galaxy Note 10.1″ (2013/2014 edition)
- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2″
- Galaxy Note 8″
- Galaxy Tab 3 8″
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite
- Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/10.1/12.2″
- Galaxy Tab S 8.4″/10.5″
- Galaxy Note 3
- Galaxy Mega
- Galaxy Mega 2
- Galaxy Avant
- Galaxy S 5
- Galaxy S 5 Active
- Galaxy S 5 Sport
- Galaxy S 5 mini
- Galaxy Alpha
- Galaxy Note 4
- Galaxy Note Edge
- Galaxy S 6
- Galaxy S 6 Edge
If you don’t own a Samsung device, you might want to read this blog on how to screen mirror from iPhone to Samsung.
How to Connect AllShare Cast to a Projector: Video Tutorial
We hope that you will be able to use the AllShare Cast service of your Samsung smartphone with the help of the steps mentioned in this article. Although it’s necessary to have both Samsung Smartphone and Samsung Smart TV for using the AllShare Cast feature, we have mentioned alternative steps for using the AllShare Cast feature if you don’t have a Samsung TV. So, enjoy the media content of your smartphone on the larger screen of your smart TV and cherish the moments by watching the content with your family!