This error occurs because of faulty or incorrect network configuration settings and it’s most common in windows 10. It’s a type of situation where you can not access the internet, Even with a proper internet connection. If you’re connected to a WiFi network and see a yellow triangle over the internet connection panel and it says no internet secured then there is something wrong with your WiFi configuration settings that causes this error.
Having an incorrect network configuration can cause such an error. To solve this error first you need to find what caused this error in the first place. We will provide you with a list of different solutions, So if you don’t know the exact cause of the problem you can try all these solutions one by one.
1. Change WiFi Connection Properties.
Here is the step-by-step guide to changing your WiFi connection properties.
- Hold the “Win” key and press “R” on the keyboard it will open the Run dialog box.
- Now enter “ncpa.cpl” and click on “Okay”. This will open the Network connection window.
- Click on your WiFi connection and choose “Properties”.
- Now make sure that the following options are checked.
Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
Link-Layer topology discovery mapper I/O drivers
Internet protocol version 4, or TCP/IPv4
Internet protocol version 6 or TCP/IPv6
Link-Layer topology discovery responder
- Click on the network icon and navigate to the WiFi network that gives this error.
- Unplug the ethernet cable connected to the CPU.
- Activate airplane mode on your computer, Re-start the WiFi router and deactivate the airplane mode on the computer and connect to your previous WiFi network again.
Hopefully, the problem should be resolved by now. If not you can the next solution.
Also, checkout our article on How to Fix Nintendo Switch Won’t Connect to TV error.
2. Update Network Adapter Drivers.
Outdated internet drivers can cause the connection to malfunction causing such errors, to fix this follow these commands.
- Hold on to the Windows button and press “R” to open the Run dialog box.
- Now enter “devmgmt.msc” and press enter. This will open the Device management window.
- Double click on the network adapter to expand it.
- Navigate the network adapter you’re currently using.
- Right-click on it and choose “update driver software”.
- In the “Update driver” dialog box click on the “Search automatically” option and wait for windows to search for updated driver software.
- Open the Network and Sharing center and navigate to the computer’s notification area.
- Choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Look for change adapter settings on the left side of the menu and click on it.
- Right-click on the Wireless networks and choose properties.
- Now uncheck the Internet protocol version 6 to disable it. And click on “Okay”.
Close that window and re-start the PC, this will solve your problem. And if not you can try the next solution.
3. Uninstall the Drivers Network Adapters.
Follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Open the device manager and double-click on the network adapters to expand it.
- Navigate to the network adapter you’re currently using.
- Right-click on it to see the Uninstall option, This will uninstall the drivers from your system.
- Navigate an option called “Action” in the left top corner of the panel.
- Click and select “Scan for Hardware changes”.
- Your system will scan and detect the network adapters and will automatically install them.
Now you have to wait for the installation process to finish and after that restart your computer.
4. Change TCP/IP Properties.
If you’re on Windows 10 Creators update or Windows 10 fall creator version, Then you have to try changing TCP/IP properties from settings. To do that follow these instructions,
- Hold the”Win” key and press “R” on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter “ncpa.cpl” and press “Okay”. This will open the network connection window.
- Navigate your WiFi connection and click on properties.
- Now double click on the internet protocol 4 or TCP/IPv4.
- Now Choose to obtain an IP address automatically and obtain DNS server automatically options.
- Click on the “Advanced” option and go to a tab called “WINS”.
- Scroll down to navigate the NetBIOS setting and enable “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP” and check on all the dialog boxes.
Now close all the windows and wait for a few minutes and check network adapters again, this time IPv4 connectivity will show you the internet state. And you can start using the internet.
5. Modify Power Management Properties.
This is another possible reason behind the “no internet, secured” error. If you’re using windows 10 creators update or Windows 10 fall creators update. Then there’s a high possibility that error is caused due to this power management settings. Follow the instructions below to fix it.
- Hold on the windows key and press “X” to go to Jump list Select device manager.
- Click on network adapters.
- Now double click on your Wireless network and open the Power Management tab.
- Now uncheck the option called Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Now you can re-start your computer and check if the error got solved.
6. Turn Off the WiFi Sharing Option.
Those who are using Windows 10, note that your router drivers can conflict with the Wireless driver and cause this error.
- Open the network adapter and go to the properties of the wireless device you’re using.
- Now open the share tab.
- Uncheck the option called “Microsoft network adapter Multiplexor Protocol” and other options related to WiFi sharing.
- If you don’t know which item is related to WiFi sharing click on the option where you can find the description. Based on that you have to uncheck those options one after one.
- Once you are done with that close all the windows and restart your computer and that’s how you can again start using your internet service.
“No internet, secured” is a common error, And most users have reported it. The error is most common in the users who are using the Windows 10 creators update and Windows 10 fall creator update. Although you can try all of these solutions one after one, to see which works for you. We’re pretty sure that these solutions will help you to solve this error.