If you want to know how to change your display name on Roblox, you probably know that Roblox is unique in the gaming industry because all of its games are created by its users, unlike a storefront like Steam. Games may be created on Roblox, so having fun isn’t limited to just playing them. These video games are not officially created by the Roblox Corporation, but rather by platform users.
By selling their games, some developers can make up to $1 million in a single year. Despite the fact that Roblox and all of its games are free to download, many kids buy and spend a virtual currency called Robux on adornments in Roblox games. The developers of Roblox receive a portion of these transactions in the form of Robux. But for now, let us tell you how to change your display name on Roblox!
How To Change Your Display Name On Roblox
Many people who sign up for a Roblox account rarely give their username much thought. Some people do it merely to experiment, and others are too eager to begin making or playing games to give it any thought.
The name associated with the account at the time of creation is the username. This serves as both the account’s unique identification and a necessity for logging in. Because no two players can have the same username, it is totally unique.
Being able to alter your Roblox username is useful information to have. If, for any reason, your current one is no longer sufficient. Regardless of the platform, you’re using, we’ll mention all the procedures you need to take in the section below.
How To Get Display Name On Roblox
Display names can be changed every week and are not required to be unique. Every time you visit an experience, they pop up in areas like your profile, chat, search, person lists, or over your avatar’s head. Below are the steps to change your display name:
- Go to Roblox and sign in.
To access the account settings, make sure you are logged into your Roblox account before continuing.
- Access Account Settings.
Locate the gear icon in the site’s upper-right corner if you’re using a browser. Mobile users, on the other hand, must locate the three dots icon to learn more.
- Choose Account Info, then look for Display Name.
Directly above the username option is the Display Name option.
- Specify your new Display Name here.
Click the Save option after changing your name to successfully modify your Roblox display name. Your Display Name should now be different from your Username when you reload the page.
How Can You Change Your Username On Roblox
Changing your username on a computer, whether it runs Windows or macOS, is the same process. Because your username will be connected to your account, you must go to the Roblox website to alter it. Following are the steps to change your display name:
- Go to the Account Info page. Select the screw icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click the edit icon on the right-hand side of the “username” option, which is the second choice.
- Before changing their username, players must confirm their email addresses. As a thank you, players receive a free gift.
- Once chosen, a pop-up window will show up to guide users through the steps. However, each username change will cost you 1,000 Robux.
- Enter the new username to modify it, and then enter the account password to authenticate your identity.
- The option won’t let you move further if the desired username is already taken. Try again!
- Once players click the “Buy for Robux 1,000” button, they will be informed that they have successfully obtained the desired name and that it has been correctly spelt.
Almost everything will transfer to the player’s new account name, including their buddy list, locations, games they’ve established, and their inventory of items. Players need not be concerned that changing their username would result in them losing their Roblox veteran status because the account creation date will stay the same.
To customize your Roblox identity further, read our blog on Roblox Template: Best Tricks On How To Make A Roblox Shirt in 1 Minute!
Things To Know About Changing Roblox Display Name
- You can change your username for 1000 Robux equivalent to $14.98.
- To ensure that it complies with the Community Rules, it must pass Roblox’s text filter (explained below).
- Players are unable to match the usernames of prominent players like zlib, Azarth, etc.
- The user name must be 3 to 21 characters in length. For instance, Stickmaster Luke
- Only letters, numbers, and underscores should be used. Instance: OP_rah
- Also, lastly, the username can only be modified once every seven days.
Tips To Choose The Best Roblox Display Name/ Username
- Make It Stand Out
When selecting a display name, distinctiveness should be your top priority. You need to confirm that nobody else has previously claimed it.
- Make It Simple To Remember
The simpler your Roblox name is to remember, the better.
- Keep Special Characters To A Minimum
It can be challenging to recall and enter special characters.
- Avoid Using Common Words
because others have already taken them.
- Keep It Brief But Detailed
A good name needs to be brief, simple to remember, and easy to spell. However, it should also in some way convey your personality or areas of interest.
If you want to know more ideas on the best Roblox Display names, read this article that features four hundred-plus ideas!
Bonus Content: 100 Best Roblox Display Name
Now that you know everything about how to change your display name on Roblox, other things related to Roblox display name, and ways to choose and change your username/ display name, we are sure your username/ display name will stand out among others!