Advanced inspecting tools help users solve issues related to the website and also to check responsiveness. Since iOS has more than 29% of the market share it is important to know how you can inspect and monitor any element using developer tools.
Methods to Inspect Elements on iPhone
The following listed methods will help you inspect elements on your iOS device.
1. Responsive Testing Tools.
- Responsive testing tools are used to test website responsiveness and functionality.
- To use these tools you just need to enter the URL of any website you want to check and select your device and screen size from the menu.
- And you will immediately see results on how your website is working on it.
- There are many paid and free responsive testing tools available on market. You can choose any of them according to your need. Cause some of them offer some extra advanced features.
- With the help of these responsive testing tools, you can easily develop, test, and debug the responsiveness of your website.
- One of the most widely used responsive testing tools is the LamdaTest platform, and it is a great desktop tool to monitor responsiveness and test your website on various mobile and laptop devices.
- On the Lamda Test platform, you can easily inspect elements on more than 50 pre-installed device viewports like tablets, mobile, and laptops of your web app.
2. Safari Developer Tool.
The most convenient and easy way to inspect elements of an iOS device is via using the Safari developer tool. You can simply access various inspecting features through the Safari browser’s desktop version. To inspect elements using the Safari web browser you need iPhone/iPad, Mac, and a USB cable.
Follow the steps mentioned below to inspect elements using the Safari web browser.
- Once you have all the required items, connect your iOS device to your mac device and Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Go to the ‘Preferences’ option and click on the ‘Advance’ option and checkmark the Show developer menu in the menu bar option.
- Once you enable the show developer menu option a ‘Develop’ option will be visible on the options bar of the browser. Click on it and your device name will appear in the list.
- This will automatically open a web inspector for your device.
- And you’re done. Now you can easily inspect elements or test the responsiveness of your website.
3. Adobe Edge Inspect.
Adobe Edge Inspect previously known as Adobe Shadow is a web inspecting tool that helps users to inspect elements on multiple devices. Unlike our previous method, Adobe Edge is more versatile while working across multiple devices. That means you do not require a Mac device to use Adobe Edge, Because it is available on both Windows and Mac devices.
In addition, Adobe Edge also supports synchronized browsing which means you can open a website on one device and it will be synced to all connected devices.
Below are the steps on how you can use Adobe Edge to inspect elements on iOS devices.
- First, you need to download Adobe Edge on your system and connect all of your devices to the same WiFi connection.
- When you open a website on your system it will automatically open on your connected iOS devices and you will see a debugging sign (<>) in front of them.
- Now you can select the debugger sign in front of the device you would like to inspect the element.
- This will launch developer tools and you can inspect elements on any of your iOS devices easily.
Although because of some technical issues Adobe Edge has been discontinued from the Adobe company. you can still easily find the installer package for your device on the internet.
4. Cross Browser Testing Platforms.
- Unfortunately, iPhone and iPad use different versions of the iOS operating system, And depending on the availability and frequency of OS updates it is difficult to test your website across all of the different versions of OS. But as a business, you have to ensure that your website works well with all of the available versions of OS.
- So this is where Cross browser testing can help you solve this problem. A cross-browser testing tool is a type of non-functional testing tool that lets you check whether your website is working or not.
- As every website page behaves differently browsers and web developers can not check and test the website on all web browsers or various versions of a single browser.
- So here Cross-browser testing comes into play, With the help of the Cross-browser testing platform web developer can now easily pinpoint browser-specific compatibility errors and debug them quickly.
- So this is how you can ensure that you don’t miss out on a significant part of your audience simply because your website doesn’t work on their web browser.
With the help of the methods mentioned above, you can easily inspect elements on your iPhone. Although there are some more methods for inspecting elements on iPhone which require installing a third-party application from the App Store, it requires extensive hard work from the tester’s end resulting in costing more time and effort, Therefore instead of going for such time-consuming methods, we’ll recommend you to try the methods mentioned above in the given order.