The ever-popular and probably the most loved game across the globe, Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CS GO) is a popular FPS (First-Person Shooter) game. The predecessor of the game was first developed by Valve Corporation in 2000. With an already huge yet ever-growing gamer base. CS GO is frequently updated. Hence this blog on the latest CS GO Patch Notes! While, these changes are most often bug fixes, but also includes major and minor additions to the game.
While patch notes are mainly used as a platform for marketing and promotion. Whenever a new update is released, along with it is released a patch note which highlights the most significant changes. These notes often generate wide interest and excitement among players which drives engagement as well as boosts player numbers. Let us get to the point, in this blog, we will take an in-depth look at CS GO patch notes, their importance, and how they impact the game.
What Are CS GO Patch Notes
If you are not a tech freak, you must not be familiar with the concept of patch notes. But don’t worry, we are here for you. To put it simply, CS GO patch notes are documents released by the game’s developers which in detail put out all the information that informs the players about the changes and updates made to the game in the relevant patch update.
Talking about patch updates, a patch update is basically a software update that is integrated to the original software to fix issues within the software or add new features to the pre-existing software.
How Are Patch Notes Helpful
Now that you know what CS GO Patch Notes are, you must be scratching your heads over the question, why do I need to read a patch note about a “game”? Aren’t we supposed to “enjoy” games? Well, there is more to patch notes than just reading and more to games than just enjoying. This section will tell you everything about it.
To start, patch notes are essential elements in the gaming industry (or software industry, in general) which are used by the developers of that particular software (CS GO in this case) to communicate with the end users and inform them about the latest updates and changes to their product.
These updates are detailed enough to provide all the information on the changes made to a game. This information includes everything starting from what has been added, and removed, to any bugs that have been fixed in a game. The main agenda is to help players understand what they should expect in the latest version of the game and allow them enough time to adapt to new strategies to exploit the game’s latest changes.
Secondly, patching an update can take a serious amount of time as well as resources. This is where patch notes can help players. It gives them a chance to determine if an update is going to be worth their time and effort or not.
Thirdly, patch notes can be used by players to identify a pre-existing bug and if the issues around the same bug have been persistent. Reading the CS GO patch notes can help players realise which bugs and glitches have been fixed in each update, and which issues are still being worked on.
Fourth, CS GO patch updates are an important tool for the developers as well. As they provide a simple solution to developers by creating a channel of communication between players and developers that allows them to discuss the changes made to their game.
This is helpful in building trust, support and transparency in the community. Developers, using CS GO patch notes get the ability to monitor feedback from players and quickly identify issues around the latest update. Because of this they can prioritize bug fixes and release additional updates which are immensely helpful in improving the overall gaming experience.
Latest CS GO Patch Notes
CS GO Patch Notes for Update on 15th February 2023
A much-awaited patch update came on the 15th of this month when the Doodle Lore AWP was replaced by the AWP and now we have Duality in the Revolution Case
- With the new patch update, there will be no seasonal celebrations in Ember land. Along with it, the map lighting, theme, textures, and models all have also returned to their pre-seasonal state.
- For improved texture quality and look, the Cave rock textures are now using $seamless_scale. Plus there are several texture improvements across the Ember land.
- CS GO developers have now fixed an area-portal issue.
CS GO Patch Notes for Update on 2nd February 2023
- The boost is now clipped boost onto the top of the arches. The developers want to thank a “Lazavelli”
- Developers have fixed the gap in the side of the stairs also they have lowered the floating railings.
- With newly updates, the developers have remastered the art assets. They have also updated some lighting issues along with the clippings.
- Now the grate bars are much less obstructive.
- Also, we now have a lot of places named.
- Improved occlusion to be more performant
- The optimization regression is now fixed and working properly.
CS GO Patch Notes for Update on 25th January 2023
- Ivy is now trimmed to perfection after reduction at B long.
- Ruins are slightly less ruined.
- Clippings have also been adjusted at Ruins as well as B long.
- The shape of the boat in the canal is now adjusted and looks much better.
- Water grates at the back of the Canal are now much lower than before.
- Grenade clipping is now adjusted around bombsites and some minor optimizations here and there.
- A winter storm has hit Ember which is why players can expect a little delay.
Tired of the updates on the same map? Play Risk of Rain and read our blog on Best Risk Of Rain 2 Items: Everything You Need To Know
CS GO Patch Notes for Update on 16th December 2023
- Anubis players can now find some fixed spots where guns would fall through the world near the canal.
- Also, the developers have now fixed some grenade falling issues through the floor on the A site fountain.
- Also fixed surface properties on models to prevent bullet penetration.
- Grenade clips have been adjusted throughout the map.
- Player clippings have been adjusted throughout the map.
- The size of the trims has been reduced at mid.
- Collision signs have now been added.
- Developers have now also closed various pixel gaps as well as some minor optimisations.
- The bomb radius has been increased from five hundred to six hundred and fifty.
- Developers have now flattened out cubbies in the red house top of the mid area.
- CT spawn has been pushed back 256 units, delaying CTs around one second.
- Blocky things are now compressed on the B site, which now has led to creating longer sightlines and also has more space for players to move around.
- Several clipping issues in Boyard have now been fixed.
- Non-solid walls by the T-entrance have now been fixed.
- Traffic cones on the site have now been removed.
- Buckets are now added to heaven to block sight-line for players.
- The chalice map has now Included the missing nav plus the exploits have now been clipped.
Novice Player in the game? Read this blog on How to Get Better at CS:GO: 13 Effective CS:GO Tips