Instagram is one of the most popular and widely used social media platforms, And with the increase in the number of users, Instagram always tries to add new features to its platform. And one of the most popular features of the social media platform is Instagram Music. The basic objective of this feature is to add music in the background of a photo or video which are posted on the Stories. This is a great feature if you want to provide an audio-visual experience of a certain location or event.
Unfortunately in the past few days, Instagram music not working is one of the most common errors that users are facing while using the feature. And if you’re here then you might as well have encountered a similar error. There’s no need to worry about it, Cause we have found some solutions that you can try to solve this error.
How to Solve: Instagram Music Not Working
The easiest solution to most problems on a smartphone is to restart the phone and if you tried working around and you still can not figure out why is Instagram music not working, then we recommend reading the below section. To solve this error we’ve provided a list of solutions that you can try to solve this problem, we recommend you try these solutions in the given order to get quick and effective results.
1. Connect to a Different Internet Connection
- Many times there could be a problem regarding your internet connection, Therefore we’d recommend you try connecting to a different internet connection.
- A bad WiFi connection might cause such problems. So if you’re connected to your WiFi network then we’d recommend you switch to your mobile data network.
- If you’re able to use the IG music feature then there’s something wrong with you’re WiFi connection.
- You can also report this problem to your internet service provider.
2. Update The Application
- An old version of the Instagram application might cause such problems more often. Causing the application developer always fixing errors and doing timely changes to improve the overall performance of the application.
- And if you’re using the old version of the application then there’s a high chance that you’ll find that Instagram music not working on your device. To solve this problem you have to make sure that you’re using the latest version of the application.
- If you’re an Andriod user you can open the Play Store application on your phone and navigate to the ‘Manage apps and device’ option to check if there are any new updates available for the Instagram application.
- If you’re using an iOS device then you need to open the App Store application and navigate to the ‘Updates’ menu to check if there’s any update available for the Instagram application.
- Using an updated version of the Instagram application will reduce the chances of getting any of such problems.
3. Switch to a Personal Account
- This might be a perfect solution to solve the ‘Instagram music no working’ problem.
- Many users have reported that they started having this problem soon after they shift from a personal account to a business account.
- If you don’t own a business or the account on which this problem has occurred is not meant for business purposes, Then we’d recommend you switch to a personal account.
- To switch your account from business to personal first you need to tap on your profile picture.
- After that click on the three horizontal line icon which appears in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now navigate to the settings menu and click on the ‘Accounts’ option.
- From there you can easily switch to a personal account.
- Now log out from all of you’re accounts and wait for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, you can log back into your accounts and see if that solved the problem.
If you are tired of seeing the same type of content on the explore page and want to reset the Insta algorithm to get fresher content, read our blog on how to reset Instgram explorer.
4. Clear the Cache memory
- If you’re still struggling to get out of the IG music not working issue. We recommend you delete the cache memory of the Instagram application.
- Cache memory is a temporarily stored file that helps the application to work efficiently and smoothly.
- This cache memory helps your phone to quickly open the application without wasting the time.
- But sometimes these cache files get corrupted and cause the application to malfunction.
- This malfunctioning of the application results in such problems therefore we need to delete all the files and data stored in the cache memory.
- To delete the cache memory of the application first you need to open the settings application on your phone
- Once you’re in the settings menu click on the ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager’ option.
- In the ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager’ option, you will see a list of applications installed on your phone, you need to find the ‘Instagram’ application and tap on it.
- Once you tap on the Instagram application you will need to click on the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
- Once you deleted all the cache memory restart the application and check if that solved your problem.
5. Use VPN
- Many pieces of music on Instagram are not available in all regions and countries, because of distribution rights issues which might keep you wondering why is Instagram music not working.
- So if you’re trying to add any of such music to your story then you’ll most likely face such an error.
- If that’s the real cause behind this problem then you can solve it easily by using a VPN service.
- VPN services help you to hide your IP address and let you add songs that are restricted in your region.
- There are many VPN applications you can use to solve this problem, many of them are free but some of them charge money.
- The free ones are not so good and you will experience slow internet speed.
6. Contact Instagram Customer Service
- Now that you have tried every possible way to solve the issue, Instagram music not working and unfortunately, you didn’t succeed. So now it’s time to contact Instagram customer service and report our problem.
- To contact Instagram you need to launch the Instagram application and navigate to the settings tab.
- Under the settings tab click on the ‘Help’ option.
- Once you’re in the ‘Help’ option you can click on ‘report a problem’.
- There you can briefly describe your problem along with screenshots and Instagram customer service will soon contact you at your registered e-mail address.
Instagram music feature is a great tool to add any music to your stories and photos to make them feel alive. But just like any other social media application, Instagram also has some bugs and errors at its end, among which IG music not working is a pretty common issue. But with the help of the solutions listed above, you can get back to rocking your stories and posts.
Now that your Instagram music not working issue has finally been resolved, here is a bonus tip from us. This playlist has all the top trending Insta music tracks for your reels.