You are going to save yourselves tons of time and memories if you know how to record facetime with audio. All your fun chats with family and friends should never fade away. Facetime is a video calling application pre-installed on all iOS and Mac devices, It was launched in the year 2011 with iOS version 4 and it works on all Mac devices running on macOS X. We all know how handy and simple it is to use Facetime.
The application let us have a video call with our friends and family and now with the latest release it has come up with some new features. We all love chatting with our close ones on Facetime, And there are some special moments that we want to record all on our system as a memory.
Because of privacy and safety reasons, Apple has not provided any such feature. But we have found some ways around the situation if you want to know how to record facetime with audio.
How to Record Facetime with Audio on an iOS Device
The answer to how to record facetime calls on iOS devices is simple and you have to follow all the steps mentioned below in the given order.
- First, you need to start a Facetime call with any one of your friends or family members.
- Launch the control center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
- From there you can click on the screen recording option.
- After a three-second countdown screen recording will start.
- To record the audio from Facetime you will need to long-press on the screen recording option and click on the microphone icon which will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Make sure that the volume of your phone is loud enough to record the audio on a Facetime call.
- Once you’re done recording the Facetime call you can touch the red status bar to stop the recording.
- Now navigate to your phone’s gallery to access the recorded files.
- And you’re done. That’s how to record facetime calls on your iOS Device.
How to Record Facetime with Audio on a macOS Device
To record audio on a Facetime call you will need the help of Quick time player, Which is pre-installed on your Mac. Follow the steps mentioned below in the given order to get effective results.
- Launch the Quick time player on your Mac through the app drawer.
- Once you’re in the Quick time player navigate and click on the files option located in the top left corner of your screen.
- Once you click on the files option you have to select the screen recording option from the list.
- After clicking on the screen recording option a window will pop up.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow located next to the record button.
- Select the device you’re using under the list of devices in Microphone.
- Start the Facetime app.
- Once the call starts you can click on the red button in the Quick time player to start the recording.
- Now tap on the Face time window to record the screen or click your screen if you want to record the entire screen of your mac.
- Start a video call and the Quick time player will automatically start recording audio and video.
- When you’re done recording you can simply navigate to Quick time player and click on the stop recording button.
- And that’s it you’re done. If someone wants to know how to record facetime with audio on their macOS devices, you can tell them this neat trick.
Remember that when you’re recording the audio from this method, Every type of sound will be recorded so make sure that you disable all the notification sounds and make sure that you’re in a closed environment to avoid any type of interruption in your recording.
Apple does not provide any separate tool to record audio and video from a Facetime call but you can choose these methods to capture the audio on any of your Facetime calls without the other person knowing.
Click here to know how to seamlessly switch Facetime not only between Audio and Video calls but also to iMessage chats.
How to Record Zoom Meetings on iOS Devices: Full Video Tutorial
By now, you have clearly learned how to record facetime with audio, but with more and more of our readers working remotely from their homes, they have often asked if they can record zoom meetings with audio. So, here is a video guide on the same.
Facetime is a great application to video call your family and friends. Every now and then, Apple adds new features to the Facetime application. Many of us want to record Facetime video calls and store them as memory, and since Apple has not provided any of such features within the application we had to make a way around how to record facetime calls with audio on any iOS and macOS devices. So from now on, if a friend asks, can you screen record Facetime, and you say Yes!
We have also covered other iPhone-related topics, Like how you can inspect elements on iPhone.