If you want to know how to recover deleted Snapchat account. You have come to just the right spot. Social media has quickly become a place to vent our feelings without facing personal interaction. May it be posting sad quotes on gloomy days or dropping a gorgeous selfie on a good hair day, apps like Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat are easy therapy. At times, a social media cleanse helps to get a hold of ourselves.
While Snapchat got us addicted to those beautiful filters and making stylish bitmojis, we have all been guilty of deleting our accounts after being overwhelmed with maintaining streaks. If you feel like hopping back into your old Snapchat account to retrieve old memories or save new ones, we got you! Here are some solutions to recover deleted Snapchat account back with a ‘Snap’ of a finger.
Snapchat Deleted My Account: What Happens Next?
Your profile will display Black Ghostface Chillah, signifying that you have deleted your account or can no longer Snap, so that your friends are unable to message you, send you Snaps, or engage with you in any other manner.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
If you are among those people who have been screaming “Snapchat deleted my account” and you want to know how to recover deleted Snapchat account. Your account has been deleted for less than 30 days, follow these steps to recover Snapchat –
- Go to the Snapchat app from your mobile phone (Android or iPhone).
- Click on “Log In”.
- Enter the username and password of the account you want to retrieve.
- Tap on ‘Yes’ for ‘Would you like to reactivate your account?’
- Click on OK.
After up to 24 hours, an email from Snapchat will confirm that your account has been reactivated. If your account has a lot of data, it might take more time to retrieve your old account.
This works when you remember your username and password. If you don’t remember your password, the following trick can be used.
How to Retrieve Your Account If You Don’t Remember Your Password?
Forgetting a Snapchat password is one issue we have all faced. It’s easy to get your old account back if you have forgotten the password to it. All you need is your email id or phone number which is linked to your Snapchat account. Then you can easily reset your password. Use these steps if you want your old account back but don’t remember your password-
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Use your Snapchat login information to log in. If it does not log you in, click the “Forgot your Password?” link.
- Choose whether you want to recover your Snapchat account via email or phone number.
- If you select email, enter your email address on Snapchat and click the “Submit” button.
- Your registered ID will immediately receive an email from Snapchat. To reset your password, access the Snapchat email and click the URL for verification.
- Or from the provided options, choose to recover your Snapchat account via the linked phone number.
- The registered phone number must first be entered here (with the country code). You have the option of receiving the verification code later by text or call.
- All done! You can reset your password on Snapchat by entering the verification code once you have it.
Another way is to use The Snapchat code. The Snapchat code is a six-digit code that will be used if the user forgets the password.
Everyone wants to know How to Send A Picture as a Snap from your Gallery on Snapchat. Read our quick-read blog to know everything about it!
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account Using Your Email ID?
What if you don’t remember your username either? There is a very simple solution to this issue where all your Snapchat friends will come in handy. You can just ask them to check your username, and use it to get back into your account. A friend in need is a friend indeed! You can then use your username and get into your account by following the above-mentioned steps.
But if that is not possible, don’t fret! You can use your email id for the same. We also have a solution in case you don’t remember the correct registered email.
- If you have more than one email address and can’t remember the one linked to your Snapchat account, a very simple way to find out is to check the emails that you have received on those particular email ids. Snapchat keeps sending various emails to its users from time to time. Try searching for emails received from Snapchat since it frequently sends emails to the associated email account.
- Start Snapchat, and then carry out the recovery steps. Enter each of your email addresses one by one, then check. Your Snapchat account is not linked to that email address if a notification reading “Email address is invalid” shows on the screen.
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account Without An Email Or Phone Number?
- If you do not have access to your linked email account or phone number anymore, you can get help from Snapchat Support for the same. You can get in touch with the Snapchat support team via their website or by writing an email explaining the problem you’re facing. Snapchat may offer attentive support, but it is not a guaranteed option.
- You can quickly recover your Snapchat account if your login information is already saved in Google Password Manager. To access the password manager, simply open the Google app on your phone and navigate to Settings > Security. You can search for Snapchat here to see your account information.
Now we come to the most frequently asked question, that is-
How Do I Recover Snapchat Account That Has Been Inactive For More Than 30 Days?
Well, once it has been more than 30 days since you deleted your Snapchat, there is no way left to get back on the app. You can no longer recover Snapchat accounts after the first 30 days as all your data gets deleted from their server. You cannot recover Snapchat accounts or your chats, images, videos, memories, Snaps streaks, etc., under any circumstances.
The good thing is that you can always open a brand-new account. New beginnings! Make a brand new account,( maybe with a less lame username this time around), create a brand new avatar, let your friends know about the new account and you’re good to go!
Lost your Snapchat streak? Read this blog to know How to Get a Snapchat Streak Back in no time!