If you have accidentally deleted some messages on Facebook messenger, And now you’re worried about how you can those back, the Messenger app doesn’t store you’re deleted messages, But there are some ways to get back those messages, Messages can include media like photos, videos, and GIFS. We will discuss the inbuilt features of the Facebook messenger app that will help you to restore your deleted messages, There is also some Third-party application that helps you to recover your deleted messages.
How To See Deleted Messages on Messenger.
1. Recover Deleted Messages on the Messenger Mobile Application.
- Launch the Facebook messenger app on your mobile phone, If you don’t have the messenger app you can download it from Play Store if you’re using an Andriod smartphone, But if you’re using an iOS device you have to download the messenger app from the App Store, Once you installed the app on your phone make sure that you’re logged into your account.
- Once you’re in the messenger app, You can see the list of your chats with your Facebook friends.
- Now you have to search for the name of the person whose chat got deleted by you, Once you found that person’s name in the list, Left click to open the chatbox.
- In the Chatbox, Type any message and press sent, This will automatically unarchive all the messages you sent to that person, Including those which got deleted.
Also, read our article on the best hookup apps.
2. How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages in Windows App.
- Facebook recently launched a separate messenger application for Desktop/PC users. Now all desktop users need to download and install the dedicated messenger application. If you’re a desktop user you can simply download the Messenger desktop app from the Facebook website, And once you download the application make sure to log in to your account.
- Once you’re in the Facebook messenger application, Navigate to the Massage tab.
- There you can see a gear icon on the top corner, click on that gear icon which will open a short window.
- There you can see an option called ‘Archived Threads’ which lists all of your chats that were deleted by you.
- From this list, you can simply open any of you’re deleted chat conversations.
This is the easiest way to see deleted messages on messenger.
3. Recover Deleted FB Messenger Messages from the Facebook Website.
If you want to recover all of your permanently deleted messages including photos and videos, you can easily download them from the Facebook website, But first, you need to make sure that you’re logged into your account.
- Once you’re logged into your account, Navigate to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab.
- After that go to General account settings, There you can see the ‘Your Facebook information’ option, Click on that, Now navigate to Download your information option.
- Once you click on that option it will redirect you to the next window.
- This window will show you all of your data stored on your Facebook account since you joined the platform. It includes the Photos, Videos you shared with your Facebook friends, and all of your messages.
- You have an option to check marked the type of media and content which you want to download.
- Select the date from which you want to download your messages and other media, Facebook also allows you to choose the quality of content in which you want to download the media and also the file format in which you want to download the data.
- After selecting the date, quality, and file format you can click on the ‘Create File’ button. Which will collect all of your Facebook data and convert it into a file format you selected. This process could take some time depending on the size of the content.
- Once the file is ready, You will get notified by Facebook on your Messenger. A link to download the file will be sent to your associated email ID, Once you clicked on the download link it will direct you to the Facebook page, where you will get an option to download.
- Once you click on that button it will ask you for your Facebook account password, just to make the process and your data more secure.
- Once you download the file you can Unzip the file and look for a file named ‘Index’ which contains all of your Facebook data, Under that file, you can find a folder named ‘Messages’ which contains all of your deleted messages.
This way you can download all of your Facebook media and messages to your Computer.
Also, Checkout our article on What pending means on Snapchat.
4. Recover Deleted Messages of Messenger with the Help of File Explorer.
- There’s a way to download your messages from the Messenger app of your Andriod phone, for this first you download any File explorer on your phone for the Play Store, you can also use the inbuilt file explorer app on your phone.
- Open the file explorer app and go to Storage/SD card folder, it stores all the data of the installed application on your phone.
- Find the “data” folder and navigate to the Cache folder.
- In this solder find the ‘fb_temp’ folder.
- This file stores all of your Facebook temporary files, and there’s a chance you can find recently deleted messages from the messenger application.
There are many ways that you can see the deleted messages on your messenger app, Just the process and solutions differ from platform to platform, The way to restore your deleted messages from the Facebook website is different from the way to restore them from the mobile application. Although if you’re an Andriod user you have multiple solutions to restore the deleted messages. The easiest way to restore them is from the mobile messenger app via the Archived threads method. With these methods and solutions now you can easily recover deleted messages on messenger.