You can use the Spotify app to listen to the beats of your playlist on your PC, smart TV, tablet, and even smartwatch. For listening to your favourite music on these devices, you obviously have to log in to your account. But what if you aren’t able to log in? If you face such an issue, it means that your Spotify account is being used by some other individual. You don’t need to worry about this issue as it can be tackled easily by logging out of your Spotify account from all your devices. This article will help you to make your Spotify log out everywhere.
In this era of streaming music online, we are being saved from a lot of hassle such as downloading pirated music from websites. With 365+ million users worldwide, Spotify has emerged as one of the top music streaming service providers. It won’t be tough for you to find a friend of yours who has the Spotify app installed on their smartphone and if your friend is using your Spotify premium and you need Spotify sign out everywhere, read this blog.
Steps To Make Your Spotify Log Out Everywhere
If you suspect that your Spotify account is being used by someone else, you will need to immediately log out of all devices Spotify on which your Spotify account is active. You must hurry up if you use Facebook for logging in to your Spotify account as it indicates that your Facebook password might be known to the other user. In this circumstance, you should change your Facebook password first. After changing your Facebook password, follow the below steps for making your Spotify log out everywhere
- Ensure that you have connected your device to the internet and then, open a browser on your device.
- Visit the official site of Spotify and log in to your account. If you are using a PC, use the ‘Login’ button. In case you are using a smartphone, you need to tap the ‘Hamburger’ icon and then choose the ‘Login’ option.
- After you log into your Spotify account, click on the ‘Profile’ button to choose the ‘Account’ option. The ‘Account Overview’ page will appear on your screen. Keep scrolling to find the ‘Sign Out Everywhere’ button.
- Tap the ‘Sign Out Everywhere’ button for making Spotify log out everywhere (Spotify app & web player).
You should keep in mind that these steps won’t make your Spotify log out from the devices such as gaming consoles, smart TVs and speakers. For logging out of Spotify on such devices, you should visit your Apps page and then select the ‘Remove Access’ option.
Facing issues with Instagram music too? Go through our quick read on Why is Instagram Music Not Working, here.
What If Spotify Log Out Everywhere Does Not Work
If the ‘Spotify Log Out Everywhere‘ feature doesn’t work for you, try to reset your Spotify password by going through any one of the below procedures:
- Open an Incognito tab in your browser and visit https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset/ to change your Spotify password into a strong and more secure one.
- Visit the Homepage of Spotify and go to your account page. Choose the ‘Change Password’ option to create a new password.
Try again to make your Spotify log out everywhere after resetting your password.
How to Change the Spotify Password on Your iPhone
The iOS version of Spotify doesn’t offer the option to change the account password. Thus, iPhone users have to visit the Spotify website to change their passwords. The following are the steps for changing your Spotify password on your iPhone:
- Visit the Spotify website in the browser of your iPhone and then, tap on the 3 Horizontal Lines present at the top-right corner.
- Choose ‘Log In’ and enter your details. Further, press ‘Log In’.
- If your iPhone redirects you to the Spotify app, go back to the browser and try logging in again. A popup will appear on the screen and give you a choice of opening the Spotify app. Select the ‘Cancel’ option.
- After logging in, you can access the settings for changing your password by:
- Tapping the ‘Gear’ icon in the upper-right corner
- Pressing View Account
- Choosing the ‘Change Password’ option from the dropdown menu at the top of the screen
You have to enter your current Spotify password to create a new one. But if you cannot remember your current password, you need to reset your password through the following steps:
- Visit the Spotify website on the browser of your iPhone. Tap the ‘Hamburger’ menu present in the top-right corner.
- Press ‘login’ and find the ‘Forgot your password?’ link present under the password field.
- Type your username or the email ID associated with the account.
- Check the reCAPTCHA.
- Click ‘Send’. Visit your mailbox and wait for the email from Spotify to pop up. If you don’t receive an email within a couple of seconds, you need to check your spam folder.
- The email will contain a link for resetting your Spotify password. Click on the link and type your new password.
How to Change The Spotify Password on Your Android smartphone
The following are the steps for changing your Spotify password on your Android smartphone:
- Visit the Spotify website on the browser of your Android smartphone
- Press the 3 Horizontal Lines present in the upper-right corner.
- Tap ‘Log In’ and enter the details of your account.
- After entering the details, press ‘Log In’.
You should choose to stay in the browser when a pop-up asks to redirect you to the Spotify app. When you are finally logged in, follow the below steps for changing your password:
- Tap the ‘Gear’ icon present in the top-right corner.
- Select the ‘Account Overview’ option.
- Use the dropdown menu at the top for going to the ‘Change Password’ page.
- Type your new password in the required field.
If you can’t remember your current Spotify password, you need to go through the following steps for creating a new password:
- Visit the Spotify website and press the ‘Hamburger’ menu present in the corner. Press ‘login’.
- Tap the link of ‘Forgot your passport’ present under the password field.
- Enter your Spotify username or associated email ID. Check the reCAPTCHA.
- Check the email received from Spotify and tap on the link in it for resetting your password. Go to your spam folder if you don’t receive an email from Spotify within a few seconds of checking the reCAPTCHA.
Bonus: How to Play Music Offline with Spotify
Well, all of us have gone through a road trip where network reception became a thing of the past and the entire trip was ruined because of no music. We understand your pain, so here is a video tutorial on how to play music offline with Spotify.
We hope that you are able to log out from your Spotify account on all devices through the ‘Spotify Log Out Everywhere’ feature. If the feature doesn’t work for you, we have mentioned the steps for ensuring that it works successfully. All the best for safeguarding your Spotify account!